Superbowl!
Yes, my team the Patriots have once again made it to the Superbowl. The "Pats" could be the first team since 1972 to go into the Superbowl undefeated and win!
Of course along with being excited about the game, I am usually just as excited about the Superbowl food. However, at this time we have no Superbowl plans. I can't very well make a bunch of excellent munchables for just the two of us. What would Jillian say? I'm sure it won't fit within my caloric range for the day at all! Well, if we end up being home by ourselves I'll snack on some carrots, rice cakes and maybe a string cheese. For the rest of you, here are some of my favorite Superbowl recipes:
Stuffed Mushrooms
1 Lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage - Hot
8 oz. Cream Cheese - room temperature
2-3 small containers of Mushrooms (this depends on how many per pkg, and the size)
Brown the sausage, drain off excess fat. Using beaters, mix into the cream cheese. Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Fill mushrooms with filling using a spoon. Place filled mushrooms in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min. or until lightly browned on the top. *Warning: these are really good, and tend to go fast. If you plan on eating some, stay close to the pan or you might not get any!*
Homemade Ranch Cheeseball - (My variation on a family recipe. Makes 2)
1 pkg. Original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix (the packet of powder mix)
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. Mayonnaise
12 oz. Cream Cheese - room temperature
32 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
Crushed or Finely Diced Nuts for the outside of the cheeseball (I use walnuts)
Mix the Ranch dressing, milk and mayo together. (This is different than the pkg directions) Using beaters, mix in cream cheese and sharp cheese. Place the mixture (still in bowl) into freezer for 1/2 hr or so. Take out bowl and put half of the mixture onto a piece of cling wrap. Using cling wrap, shape it into a ball. Then, spread out nuts onto another sheet of cling wrap. Take cheeseball out of cling wrap and roll in nuts to coat. Repeat process with 2nd cheeseball. Keep refrigerated until time to serve. We like them best with triscuits or wheat thins.
If you decide to try these, let me know how you like them. I'll be thinking of you while I crunch away on a celery stick.

1 comments:
I love the stuffed mushrooms, and thats coming from someone who HATES mushrooms! YUMMY YUMMY!!
Post a Comment