Staying Connected
Where oh where have all the Koford's friends gone? Oh where oh where can they be? With everyone moving away I wanted to find a place that we can update everyone easily. The Day's are in Massachusetts, the Petty's are in Texas, the Finley's are in Michigan, and we may soon be in China. Talk about change!
We got Beth and the girls on the road headed for Texas on Saturday. They left just in time because we got hit hard with a snow storm during the night last night. We probably had 6 inches at least on the ground this morning before I left for work! Boy we are going to miss them! I am already missing Ash plowing my sidewalks and driveway. And how are we supposed to have a Superbowl without Ash's Superbowl dip? I mean, I know how to make it, but it won't be the same. I probably won't make it as spicy, which means I will be able to eat more of it...not good!!
Not that we are just going to miss them for their manual labor and food. They are more than our best friends, they're family. It's not everyday you have friends like that...who you see or talk to at least once a day, who know you and your family as well if not better than relatives, who would be there for you no matter what. Who will watch you cry at a Barry Manilow concert and love you anyway ;-) Those are true friends!
Last night on the way home from my parent's house, I took the long way home just so I wouldn't have to drive past their dark, empty house. It's just habit to pass their house on the frontage road and glance over to see if lights are on. I know I will probably drive to their house on auto-pilot one day just to chat, and then have to pretend that I meant to do it. My pathet-i-sad behavior continued last night when I took some chicken out of the freezer. It was a ziplock on which Beth had written "4 Breasts, 10-22-07" (thank goodness she was supportive when I showed up at her house with ziplocks and a 40lb bag of chicken breasts I had bought on sale at Albertsons). I was sad just seeing her handwriting. No, I didn't wash out the ziplock and scrapbook it...I'm not that crazy! But when you've been that close to a family for almost 12 years, well, it's going to take some getting used to. I sure am looking forward to Beth and the girls coming back in March and then our visit to Texas in May.
Even though Ash has been gone for almost 3 weeks, it definitely didn't hit us until now that the Petty's aren't just going to be down the street. We love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!

0 comments:
Post a Comment