Reality, Schmality.
I definitely have a weakness for reality TV. Not all reality shows, but the ones I do like I am addicted to. I have to record them each week, and when I do find a moment to watch them (usually in the middle of the night) I am always at least a week behind. I usually have heard what happened before I see it, but I have to watch anyway. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but here are my top reality indulgences in order of importance:
The Biggest Loser - Jillian rocks! I love this show!! Not only is it amazing to see the contestants lose huge amounts of weight, but I also think it's interesting to see how they "strategize" to get rid of the biggest competitors. Did I mention Jillian rocks? I just got her book and DVD's, and have never been this motivated to do anything before. That's another reason I watch, if the people on the show can do it, I can too! I can honestly say that I don't eat while watching this show!
Real Housewives of Orange County - I know, I know, it's sad but I love it. I can't help but be baffled by the fact that these women stress over botox, having parties on yachts, and which of their multi-million dollar houses they like better. I mean come on, when you are considering spending 400K on a new pool/patio area, I am riveted. Don't get me wrong, I am not envious of these women. I would not want to be them for a second. I would rather have my real life, my real friends, my real body parts (hmm, maybe not), and my real problems. But alas, the season ended last week so onto my next show.
American Idol - I promised that after the mess that was last season (Sanjaya...need I say more) that I wasn't going to watch it. But I do love watching the audition shows. We'll have to wait and see if the final contestants are worth watching, but for now it's fun to see the wierdos!
Project Runway - If you haven't watched this show, you need to at least do me the favor of seeing it one time. Between Heidi Klum (who I love) yelling everything she says, and the designers crying over their misunderstood "art", I actually think of it as a drama/sitcom.
Well, that's it, my reality must haves. One positive thing to liking these shows is that the writer's strike has had no impact on them! Some of my other favorites (that are off-season right now) are also Bravo shows: Work Out, Blow Out, and Welcome to the Parker) in case you are interested ;-) Thank goodness, because I don't have 4 hrs to watch TV every week as it is!

0 comments:
Post a Comment