Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nascar returns...only 4 days away!

Well the Nascar Budweiser Shootout is only 4 days away and I am so excited! It has been a long couple of months without a race. There are so many changes this year, that it is going to take me a while to remember who is driving what for who. For starters, it is the "Sprint Cup" this year. I had just barely gotten used to the Nextel Cup and all of the changes that took place last year. Here are just a few of the changes that will mess me up this year:

1. Dale Jr. drives the #88 Amp car for Hendrick Motorsports
2. Joe Gibbs Racing is running Toyotas!
3. Kyle Busch is driving the #18 M&M car (which is a Toyota for Gibbs)
4. Mark Martin and Aric Almirola will drive the #8 DEI car with Army Sponsorship
5. Kasey Khane now has Budweiser sponsorship

Then the Gatorade Duel 150's are on Valentine's Day this year, but alas, they take place during the middle of the day. There's yet another 4+ hours at least that I will have to DVR and then try to catch up with.

Then onto Daytona! Last year we were watching the race in the hospital while we were waiting to have Jordan. I bet I had the only room in the Maternity ward with Nascar on tv (at least by the woman's choice).

No plans as of yet to attend a race this year, but I am hopeful. Maybe something this summer after Duane graduates. We'll see. Maybe we could work in Lowe's MotorSpeedway with a Texas trip or something. Anyway, for now I'll just be cranking up the volume as the cars race by and cheering for #24!

0 comments: