"Our" song
So, as my closest friends and family know, I am a singing fool. I am always listening to music and singing. Especially in the car. It came as no suprise then that Jordan is a musical baby! He is happiest when he is dancing along to any music, and sings along when we are in the car. He even throws his hands up and dances during the hymns at church!
I'm sure that Duane hopes he does not inherit my taste in music, since I like everything from show tunes to rap, but I think Jordan will have a very well rounded musical taste. (Sorry, I am hoping that he likes Barry Manilow, although I may not be hoping he "likes" Barry Manilow.)
So I feel compelled to share "Our Song". The one that I have sang to Jordan at night since he was tiny. I am not entirely sure how it happened, but the words are perfect. I have sang to Jordan every night since he has been born, and now it is kind of expected. In fact, if I don't sing, he will kind of moan louder and louder until I do. It is one of my most favorite things. He will "sing" along until he falls asleep. Our song is Stevie Wonders "You are the Sunshine of my Life". I know it's corny, but focus on the words and if you know me you will know that it's perfect.
He knows the song so well, that I can put on the cd (yes, I bought a Stevie Wonder cd since he's been born) and he will fall asleep to it. It is very "me" to have a song with Jordan, and while it is not all inclusive, since I am sure there are many other lyrics to represent how I feel about him, it was and is "Our Song". If you aren't familiar with the song, it is on my playlist, so give it a listen.
While my closest friends know me as being very music and lyrics focused, I think they will also understand the meaning of this song. Since I just sang him back to sleep I felt compelled to blog this, just in case anyone else is babysitting at some point and needs a reference. Learn this song, as well as some of his other favorites:
- Away in a Manger (the primary version)
- The Noah's Ark Song (Utah girls who went to camp will know this...The Lord said to Noah, there's gonna be a floody, floody.."
- You are my sunshine
- Old McDonald
- And of course, the Darth Vader Theme from Star Wars...this one happened by accident, but works like a charm. Luckily he doesn't know it's an "evil" theme song!
Well, that pretty much sums it up. He is all about having music playing and will stop in his tracks to dance and sing along. It makes watching American Idol so much fun!

2 comments:
Too cute! You are such a good mom!
Too cute! You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment