My Wonderful Grandma
I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for your thoughtfulness in regards to my Grandma's passing. We were very close and it has meant so much to me. I thought I would share her obituary here for anyone who would like to see it. I will miss her very much but I am also so happy for her to be free from pain and to be with my Grandpa again. She was without a doubt the most honest, selfless person I have ever known and I am privileged to be her grand-daughter. She was the "daycare" for my brother and I and we are so lucky to have had her in our lives. I am sure that she is in full health now, and is back to her spunky attitude. I know she is missing us, but is having such a happy reunion with Grandpa and her parents. She has missed them for so long and is so deserving to see them again. Jordan and Grandma have such a special bond. I will cherish every moment that they had together. As rowdy as Jordan is, he would be so soft and gentle with her. He would point to her and pat her hand when he saw her each week. Our visits every week are some of my best memories. It has been such an eye opening experience to have Jordan and see him with her. I know now, as I watch my mom with him, the love that Grandma had for us. I love you Grandma and will be so happy to see you again!
God saw that she was tired, A cure not meant to be, And so He took her by the hand And whispered, "Come with Me."
Donna Jean Neilson Parry 1933 ~ 2008 Our loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, and best friend Donna Jean Neilson Parry, peacefully graduated to a better life on February 6, 2008 while at home surrounded by her family. She is finally free of the pain of a long illness and is celebrating her reunion with Dad. Mom was born April 22, 1933 in Star Valley, WY to Emil Andrew and Margaret Fay Barrus Neilson. She grew up in Star Valley and in Salt Lake City, where she graduated from West High School. She married her eternal companion, James Lowell Parry in the Salt Lake LDS Temple on June 9, 1952. He preceded her in death on June 23, 1985. Mom was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and truly cherished her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Hers is a great legacy of selfless service to her family, to others and to the church. She served tirelessly in many callings throughout her life. She was an ordinance worker in the Jordan River Temple for 20 years until her health made it necessary for her to retire. Her courage and determination through years of pain and physical challenge set a lasting example for all who knew her. Mom loved music and was very talented. She instilled a great love of music in her children and grandchildren. Mom blessed our lives every day we were privileged to enjoy our mortal association with her. We are honored to be her children, and will miss her deeply until the day comes when we will again be united. She is survived by four daughters: Carol (Earl) Waddoups, West Bountiful; Susan, Laurie and Sandra Parry, all of Midvale; two grandchildren: Anne Marie (Duane) Koford, Centerville; Christopher Jon (Kara) Finley, Lansing, Michigan; and one great-grandchild, Jordan James Koford. She is also survived by a sister, Wilda (Lloyd) Hamblin; and a brother, Don (Marlene) Neilson. Preceded in death by her husband, parents, and sister, Maxie Biehn. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11th at the Midvale 7th Ward, 8350 S. Jackson St., Midvale. A viewing will be held 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10th at Goff Mortuary, 8090 S. State St., Midvale, and Monday 9:45-10:45 at the church. Interment at Midvale City Cemetery.

0 comments:
Post a Comment