Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Holidays!

So yet again I am behind on blogging. Well, as my mom would say "if that's the worst thing that ever happens to you, you will live a long and happy life". Turns out (as usual) she is right.

We had a very merry christmas (I hope that everyone did) and a festive new year. We spent pretty much all of our time with family and some close friends, which is my very favorite thing. I really could forgo all of the presents and expense and just have a few days with my favorite people, and I would be happy. But of course the presents don't hurt...I mean, if I "have" to get a present or two, who am I to begrudge the gift bearer of some pleasure right?

Jordan is more amazing to me everyday. Even though he was 10 months old last Christmas, he was not really "into" it, but this year, wow! We really talked about "Claus" for months and he was excited, but he was mostly worried about baby Jesus. Lucky for me my Mom had gotten us an awesome magnet Manger scene, and we had been discussing it for quite some time. I also had purchased a "Little People" manger scene ornament when we were in Michigan at Bronners, and it turned out to be well worth it. Jordan would kiss Baby Jesus, and try to share his bottles/sippy cups with him. It has been the cutest thing I have ever seen, and I will make sure to keep this "habit" up.

Our holiday events went down as follows: Christmas Eve my Dad, Shauna and Tyler came over to our house for a visit. It was awesome and Jordan really loved it. He got to play drums with my Dad, which even I remember doing as a kid. It was great to see them together, and we need to do it more often. He got some great gifts, and I have to say he has my natural ability for the guitar! It might be a kid version, but he was already rocking out!!!

Then, Christmas Day we were lucky enough to have my parents and Chris and Kara come over for "brunch". That is code for watching Jordan open way more presents than needed, but it was so fun! He got everything under the sun. A tool bench, a "baby", a keyboard, clothes, trucks, more tools...we wore him out just opening gifts. Then we went to the Aunts house for a great "linner" (lunch - dinner..hey it sounds better than dunch right?). We had all the favorites, including but not limited to Sunday Pie dessert and Baby Orange Jello. (If you want more info on these amazing dishes just let me know!) We also played the pipe bells, which is a family tradition. It was harder this year because it was our first Christmas without Grandma. Although I am sure she was there with us, and was most likely laughing at our pipe bell mis-haps!

We also had a great time at the annual "Finley Family Fun Night". In addition to my Dad, Shauna and Tyler, we also got to hang out with Matt, Lois, Sara (and hubby), Bethann, and Grandpa Finley. Chris and Kara were also able to come. We went to dinner at Sampan (I highly recommend the snowball shrimp), and then bowling at the All Star Lanes in Sandy. We just had the best time and I always wonder why we only do this type of major outing once a year!

I know I keep promising pictures, and I really will post some soon, but this is already way to lengthy. We have had a great holiday season and although we aren't with many of our friends (no one else move out of state please!) we still love you and will see you soon! Happy New Year, and here is to an amazing and eventful 2009!!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Ooohhh, how fabulous does Sunday Pie dessert and Baby Orange Jello sound?? LOL I'll need details, please. Well, maybe.. I'm starting weight watchers this weeks so maybe I don't. :-S

Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas.. yay!!