Sunday, January 25, 2009

No pics yet...but funny anyway

I know, I know, no pics yet...between my loss of "the cord" and Duane's worrying about internet predators and having pics of your kids online, we haven't posted any yet... Don't worry, I think I will win in the end. If not, I will let you know and you can send me your email addresses and I will just do a mass email with pics :-)

Jordan is doing well, and we actually had a REALLY fun day on Friday (I had the day off) going out to Airport #2 and visiting "popop" (code for Grandpa) at work. We had the amazing chance to plow snow out on the runways, and help grandpa in the shop. Jordan loved the big trucks and plows. It is all he can talk about! He even fell asleep last night talking about it.

Today Duane and I had a great time just being able to relax with Jordan at home. I cooked a big breakfast, and was able to take a (much needed) nap with Jordan.

Jordan is such a "sponge" these days, he picks up every new word he hears. It think it is awesome, until he picks up the bad ones....I'm not even talking about swear words, but here are a few examples from the past week:

1. Jordan and I were home playing with his building blocks. He happened to pull down on the neckline of my shirt as he was walking away, and happened to see..you know... He said "Wow" (which I would take as a compliment in some circumstances, but not now). I thought I had to respond, but maybe I shouldn't have. I said, "Yeah those are Mommy's boobs. Mommy's have those". I don't know why I chose that word, it just came out....guess what he says now? Yep, Boobs. I am so proud. Gee, I can't wait until he sees some of my friends next. Too bad he wasn't interested in that area when it was important to his survival..(It could have saved me a ton of money on formula :-)

2. While Duane was in China this summer (for most of the summer) I admit that I let Jordan sleep in my bed. It was the easiest thing for both of us. He was happy, and the fact that I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning made it easier for me to actually get some sleep. Well since Duane has been home we have been trying to break him of this habit, although the move to the big boy bed hasn't helped. He is usually pretty good for the first couple of hours each night. Then he wakes up and wants to come into our bed. I made the mistake of joking around with Duane the other night and saying, "Jordan is going to have to start sleeping in his own bed if he wants a little brother or sister, otherwise we will never have sex". DUMB DUMB DUMB..why would I say that? Here comes Jordan running up to me...."Sex, Sex, Sex". Why haven't I learned my lesson? Obviously he doesn't realize what he is saying, but I do. I just hope he doesn't repeat that at church!

So I am not proud, but I guess those words aren't the worst things in the world. He is just picking up words so fast. Why was I so worried about the fact that he started talking so late? Some of his words though are really funny. Like the way he says dangerous..."Dangrus" or the fact that he was asking for Ice Cream tonight..."cream, cream". He is just so smart, we have a hard time keeping up. He can almost spell his name. If you start with J-O- he can finish it. And if you ask him what his middle name is he will tell you "James, James". Maybe we shouldn't have another baby, I don't know that we have the strength to handle another smarty pants? Nah, we can do it right ;-)

Anyway, as embarrassing as this post is, I also think it is funny. Just don't ask Jordan to say these words, and we'll pretend he doesn't know them...hopefully he will forget right?

0 comments: