Monday, September 22, 2008

Thank goodness for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers!

I've been a fan of the Magic Erasers for quite some time, but never more than I was this weekend. In the few minutes it took me to switch loads of laundry, Jordan was able to get his hands on a pen and add some artwork to my plain hallway walls. I didn't notice it at first. I returned upstairs and he came walking right up to me with the pen, and just handed it to me. I didn't know where he had found the pen, but thought it was nice that he was just surrendering it so easily. Little did I know that he had already done the deed, and had no further use for it. As I went to put some food away in the pantry I noticed the first of several original Jordan masterpieces. As this is the first for artwork on our walls (probably not the last) I immediately grabbed the camera. In the back of my mind I was already taking a mental invetory of my cleaning supplies and hoping that I had a Magic Eraser.



Luckily I did, and the ink came right off. Man, what did we do before these little sponges from heaven? Then later in the day, we were talking to Duane on the web cam and I watched Jordan walk over to his highchair, grab the tray, bring it over to me and set it on the ground. Then without missing a beat, walked over to the kitchen "junk drawer" (which is the only drawer without a child lock on it go figure) grab a screwdriver, and proceed to try and take apart his tray. It was hilarious. So I repositioned the web cam and we both watched in awe. He knew what he was doing, lining up the screwdriver with each screw and then using both hands to twist. What is funny is that neither of us have really "shown" him how to do this. The only thing he has seen us do is replace batteries in various toys, which I had just done the day before. He never ceases to amaze me with how smart he is! He had a plan in mind for that tray and was on a mission.

We rounded out the weekend enjoying one of Jordan's favorite things...blueberries. As he is getting some new molars I had the bright idea of buying frozen ones instead of fresh (plus they last longer). He loved this idea! He happily ate his frozen berries and grinned the whole time. (Sidenote, the frozen ones aren't as messy as the fresh ones so it was a bonus for me too!)

Well, it's less than 3 weeks until Duane gets home, and we are counting down the days! We've almost hit the halfway point of this trip. Hooray!!!

2 comments:

KFinley said...

Hide the permanent markers...or stock up on aquanet! That is so cute that he's learning so quickly!

Becky said...

You know, I think Magic Erasers should be given to all parents. As you leave the hospital it could be "Here is your free diaper bag, your child and your Magic Eraser." LOVE THEM!!

Very cute pictures.. good idea on the frozen blueberries too. Darn those teeth!