Summertime
So, it has been such a busy summer that I haven't even posted any pictures since May. Well, I won't be posting any tonight (since I don't have the camera with me), but I did want to write a quick note.
First of all, have you tried Pandora? That is to say, have you experienced pandora.com? It is without a doubt the best thing that has ever happend to music, in my humble opinion. The idea is that all of the music is already kept online (no need for an ipod, etc.). You simply type in the name of a band or song that you like and Pandora will play music that is similar to it. (basically music you already like). You then vote on each song played and tell Pandora if you like it or not. If not, Pandora will change the music it "matches" you up with. It is called the "Music Genome" project.
Really the only drawback that I can see is that since you don't "own" the music, you can't listen to a certain song whenever you want/change the order/burn it to a disc, etc. But, if you are at a computer all day long like I am (yes, I am a full fledged geek programmer these days...typing away lines of code like you wouldn't believe) and need something to listen to without having to do any work, it is the best thing ever!
Also on my mind tonight is a quick movie review/note. I recently went to Brewvies for a work outing and saw Iron Man. Now, to be honest, I have never been much of a "Marvel Comic" movie fan. I was excited to go to a movie since I haven't been in forever, but wasn't sure I was going to like it. Not only did I like it...I LOVED IT! Robert Downey Jr. did an amazing job. I was "riveted" the whole time. Plus, what's better than watching a movie while eating delicious food? I hadn't been to Brewvies in about 7 years, and it was better than I remembered. The menu is amazing, the fact that you get to eat real food on real tables (better than those "trays" at Jordan Commons) in the theatres is great. I highly recommend seeing Iron Man. I hope to see more movies soon, before I miss out entirely on all of the summer flicks. Maybe even a quick trip back to Brewvies.
Also, gas prices. I know they're expensive everywhere, but really! With all of the camping we've been trying to cram into the last few weeks, we spent $300 on just gas alone last week. I'm sure it's affecting everyone, I just had to get that off my chest. The new gas guzzling truck doesn't help I'm sure, but it's much nicer pulling the trailer now. Anyone else feeling it? The best gas price I have found here is $3.95/gallon. Since I know some of you are in Texas, Michigan and even as far away as London, let me know what the prices are in your neck of the woods. I'm just curious!
I found the camera, so I will have some new pics on in the next few days. I have some great ones of Jordan with watermelon (he really loves it, a little too much?) and our latest Lagoon trip.

2 comments:
Seriously, gas is awful out here. The station I drove at today was $4.32/gallon! Ouch! Good thing we aren't going anywhere anytime soon!
Plus, I LOVE PANDORA! I have been using it for the last ummm...two years...and have fine tuned my station to get awesome songs I like all day long at work. Sometimes they try to include some weird stuff - but you can easiily get rid of it!
Glad to see that you guys are doing well - we'll see you soon!
I think I have you beat! Diesel in London is $13.90 a gallon! Unleaded is a little cheaper, but not by much! C-R-A-Z-Y!!!
Post a Comment