Monday, July 14, 2008

Food Fun

As promised, here are a few pics of Jordan and the great time he always has when eating messy foods. The watermelon wasn't too bad, but the black beans were not my brightest idea! (In more ways than one). But what can I say, he loves them.











We're getting ready for Duane to head back to China. It's been quite a whirlwind at our house lately. My work schedule has changed, but it is good because I am able to spend more time with Jordan. It will be hard while Duane is gone, but thank goodness for Skype and web cams. We'll have to see what Jordan thinks of talking to his dad on the computer. I am really excited about our trip to Michigan next month to see Chris and Kara. It's always fun to travel with Jordan, he is such a good baby. It probably helps that we have actually flown quite a few times with him since he's been born. It continues to be an adventure as he gets more and more independent though...we'll see if he's as great of a passenger as he was a couple of months ago.

We had an interesting 4th of July weekend this year. Our A/C went out on the night of the 3rd, and we spent 2 nights in a very hot house. (Turns out it is VERY expensive to have a repairman come to you on the 4th, so we opted to tough it out until the 5th). With Duane's quick thinking and the purchase of some large fans we actually got the temperature down to 76 at night...but the day was a different story. Luckily the repairman was there early on the 5th and after a short time (but many $'s later) it was fixed. Then we had my parents over for a BBQ and to do a few fireworks. Jordan loved them! He didn't like the loud ones (like the illegals that the next door neighbor had) but he liked the fountains and loved the big ones that Centerville was doing. We could actually see them really well from home.





Oh, speaking of that weekend let me just say that I was the very lucky recipient of an extra ticket to the Poison concert!!! I went with Jill and Terrie. It was so cool! I've only loved Bret Michaels for like 20 years, so it was amazing to see him in person. The show was awesome, and he still sounds as great as ever. The opening band was...wait for it.....Dokken. Yes, that's right, they are still around. I only even knew 1 of their songs, but the man sitting in front of us knew every word to every song. He even pulled out the "air guitar" and a little "air drums". The people watching was definitely at an all time high that night, and it didn't disappoint. I'd already seen more feathered hair and tight jeans outside of the ESA than I had in the last 10 years. It was a truly memorable night. Thanks so much for the ticket Jill!!!

0 comments: