Friday, July 18, 2008

Just the two of us


Well Duane is on his way to China, and so it's just Jordan and me...the gruesome twosome! I have quite a few things planned for the next little while to help get our minds off missing Duane. I also have some "home" projects that I am going to try and do while D is gone. (You know the kind that wives love to think up, but husbands go nuts over...rearranging furniture, etc.) Anyway, enough about our plans. I'll be updating the blog a lot so that D can see what we are up to, so stay tuned. You'll probably get to hear more than you want to for the next little while.


In the meantime, here are a few more pics. I couldn't resist snapping these of Jordan last weekend. He was sooo tired, but didn't want to nap. So I set him up in the high chair to have a snack, and before he could even eat anything, he was asleep!



This one is great because you can see the drool on his chin!


I tried to wake him up, but he just moved a little and went back to sleep. Then it was off to the crib for a real nap!



After the nap, he was sure feeling happy. Here he is "helping" Duane on the computer. Those two are pretty much inseparable, so it's going to be interesting.

I sent Duane off with a little "care package" of EZ Mac and Ramen noodles (that one's a little ironic) so that I can know he will at least have something to eat in the apartment when he gets there. I know there's water and a microwave, so it had to be something that would work with those limited ingredients. Unfortunately for him, there is no Dr. Pepper in China, so he is gong to have to find another way of staying hydrated. Hey honey, it's called bottled water, just a hint! (**See my rant below about Chinese soft drinks). I also put together a little photo album of me and Jordan, and a voice recorded "message" of Jordan talking/laughing (Thanks Mom for helping me get that recorded!) We'll be looking forward to seeing him on the web cam once he gets to Xiamen. Love you and miss you already!

**I don't think I've ever talked about the fact that MY favorite soft drink is actually found in China, but I can't get it here. I'm speaking of...wait for it...... Coca-Cola Light. It's the "equivalent" of Diet Coke in China, but for some reason tastes even better. According to wikipedia: "In other countries, where cyclamates are not banned (as they were in the U.S. and the United Kingdom in 1970), Diet Coke or Coca-Cola Light may be sweetened with a blend containing cyclamates, aspartame, and acesulfame potassium, which may account for the noticeably different taste of Coca-Cola Light, compared to Diet Coke." So basically it's probably way worse for me than Diet Coke, which is why of course it tastes even better. Well, since I highly doubt it will be Diet Coke that kills me, I'm going to have Duane try to get some shipped home. If that happens, I'll alert you all through the blog and we'll set up a taste test so you can see for yourself.

2 comments:

KFinley said...

That is so cute! I can't believe how much he has grown! Sorry Duane had to go again, but at least you'll come visit us soon!

Anonymous said...

There's something better than Diet Coke? Seriously??? You better invite me for the taste test. LOL Those were some cute pics!!