OMG...means Oh My Goodness!
Well, after a very long absence, I am making my return to the blogging scene. And, although it will not be as impressive as a comeback tour by a very popular band, I hope you will like it.
So much has happened, even since August. But to relive the past 4 months would take far too long, so I won't bother. Instead, I will start with just wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday season.
I am not even close to being done with shopping, but should be almost done by tomorrow night. Knowing that most everyone this year wants gift cards hasn't helped the fact that I have left everything until the last minute. In fact, it has encouraged this behavior. I am grateful though, because without all of you gift card-ians, and my new Amazon Prime membership y'all would be out of luck this year. The few times I have been forced to go places like Walmart and Target it has sucked the holiday spirit right out of me. Don't get me wrong, there are great prices to be had, and pretty things to look at, but the general public (in my humble opinion) needs to be a little nicer (and that's putting it nicely...and in family friendly language).
We finished decorating our sugar cookies tonight, and Jordan just couldn't be sweeter. I know I have overspent on this little almost 3 year old, and he may never remember it, but he deserves it. I can honestly say that since having him, my Christmas spending has increased, but that the amount of things I used to buy myself while shopping the sales has ceased. I have, for the first time ever I think, failed to buy myself anything. Trust me I have been tempted, but then I think of what I would rather buy him. Oh man, I sound like my mom. Well, I couldn't ask for a better "curse" I guess.
For now, we are staying "public". Our family websites are still Under Construction, as is my business at Buildmeababy.com. Check it out sometime (though not much is there for a few more weeks). It's amazing that when Duane and I both do web dev for a living, how little personal web stuff gets done...I think it's because we want to come home and avoid the computer!
Happy Holidays and I will be posting again soon...really...ok really this time!

1 comments:
YEAH!!!
Post a Comment