Sometimes...
Sometimes you mean what you say and sometimes you say what you mean, right? Well obviously I haven't meant what I said by taking our blog private by now, but I plan to this weekend.
It has been a rough week for me, both emotionally and physically (not promising any correct spelling here). Jordan is doing so much better, but I am a mess. He is no longer contagious with his crazy rash, but I am on a hormonal roller-coster. I sure hope that menopause is better than this. Otherwise I think Duane will want to trade me in on a new "cash for clunkers" deal that there may be by then! Having to take homones and working with family/toddler issues here was my day today:
Jordan and I went to Costco, where I told him that (just as in every parking lot) he has to hold a hand because there are cars. I guess I should have specified, knowing that he is a smart-aleck like me, he would call me on my lack of details and he said "I will hold my own hand". At which point in time he preceeded to hold his own hand (picture the Von Traps in Sound of Music singing the goodnight song) and tried to do everything by himself. All day long everywhere we went he just held his "own-hand". It was hilarious!
Every day he is more and more independent, just like I am but that is what is so hard! What I love is that in the middle of everything today he just ran up to me for no reason and said "I just love you so much". Ok, that makes everything worth while! He is the best, smartest, everything kid...
I guess my question to the universe tonight is how do you mother a child that is just like you, but smarter? He is the best thing I will ever do in my life, and at the same time, the most challenging thing I will ever need to overcome. I guess that is my challenge and my ultimate accomplishment.

1 comments:
That is so cute! I can't believe how well he's speaking and what a little man he's turned into! Good luck!
Post a Comment