Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter...Sugar...no sleep = anyone, buehler?

So today was the annual Eggett family Easter Egg hunt. It was really good, not as many "hunters" as usual, there were only 17. Jordan did a really good job (with help) of only picking up the candy that was marked with his number (13...my first clue). I was trying to be an agreeable mom, and I let him have some of his candy before dinner. Big mistake. It totally spoiled his dinner, and amped him up. I could have just given him a Red Bull and probably had the same outcome.

He doesn't usually eat much sugar, so he was bouncing off the walls. Then came the crash. It happened on the way home. It was 6:45 and he was falling asleep. Nope!!! I couldn't let that happen. So, the car ride home was a trial to see if we could keep him awake. We were almost successful until just before our street.

Once we got home though he livened up and we did our Easter Egg coloring. Then bath time, and watching a Jazz loss that shouldn't have happened. Finally sleep, but it hasn't been restful. He keeps stirring and whining. I know it's the sugar, but darnit, I just had to give it to him. I mean, it's a Holiday right?

Anyway, the Easter Bunny has just finished at our house and Jordan made out like a bandit. New jammies, Wiggles movies, and bubbles...(not much candy though, I wonder why). I hope he has fun in the morning. He wasn't that into it last year, but I think he will have a blast tommorrow.

I will be switching to a "private" blog on Monday, so let me know if you want to follow our adventures. Potty training is in full swing, so I am sure there are lots of fun stories to come.

Happy Easter everyone!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Don't forget me! becky.young00 @ gmail.com

No spaces and those are zero's not O's. :o)