Superbowl: Food or Game, what's better?
I admit that I enjoy Superbowl Sunday. Mostly because I love to cook, especially for other people, and the food enjoyed during the game is some of the best. Although not healthy in any way, it seems to be an excuse to eat the traditional non-healthy game day treats.
I really love the show The Biggest Loser, and I loved that this past week they showed how to make some healthier alternatives to the traditional items. Like grilled chicken skewers with a healthier sauce instead of buffalo wings, etc. It was really good and I can't wait to try out some of the suggestions.
That being said, I don't know that I can escape making the stuffed mushrooms that have become a pre-requisite at most of our friend get togethers. I also admit that I use parties as an excuse to make some of the other dips or appetizers that you just don't make at home on a regular day. Example, 7 layer dip, little smokies, etc. Those are just not things you make while just hanging out at home.
My other indulgence, which is not just at Superbowl time, are the "Top Secret Restaurant recipes" books & website. I love these, because you get real recipes that rival the restaurant favorites. We have tried many of these, and I highly suggest them to anyone. On the website, many of the recipes are free, and if not it is very inexpensive to purchase individual ones. I also have the books, which are awesome. The web is updated all of the time with new additions, and not all of them are in the books. Check it out at: Top Secret Recipes
As for me, I will be rooting for the Arizona Cardinals tomorrow. I hope they can beat the odds!

1 comments:
Thanks for commenting on my blog. Now I have a follower! That was a good SNL before the superbowl. I'm glad that you liked the superbowl shuffle. If you have any hairband requests, let me know.
Post a Comment