Haircut Day!
Well we had a very busy and fun filled day today! It started off with Grandma and I taking Jordan to get his first "big boy" haricut in a salon. (Ok, I guess for a boy it's a barber shop, but work with me). We went to Cookie Cutters in Bountiful which is an awesome place tailored to kids. They get to sit in a fun "vehicle" and pick out a DVD to watch, then they also get a balloon and a sucker. The stylists are awesome with kids, and keep them really distracted. I think it's amazing that they can cut the hair of these little squirmers. Jordan chose to sit in the airplane (of course), and watch Cars (ok more my pic than his, but I know he likes it). Even with those distractions he still didn't like the "clippers" at all. All in all he ended up leaving happy (and sticky, what's up with giving toddlers getting haircuts suckers? Talk about a hair magnet). It went much better than his "first" haircut which was mommy and grandma with the clippers. I know we will definitely be back to Cookie Cutters.
Then we took a trip out to Gardner Village and had lunch at Archibalds. Such a fun place, especially around Halloween. The whole village is decorated. I couldn't believe how packed it was at noon on a Wednesday! We had a really great lunch, and Jordan was so good. He was waving at everyone and thoroughly enjoyed his food.
After lunch we dropped off Grandma at a Dr. appointment and did a little shopping at Jordan Landing. After her appointment, we picked up Grandma and headed to the fabric store. I had to get a few things for some halloween projects.
Then it was off to visit Susan, Laurie and Sandra. They were in Disneyland last week and brought us all back some gifts. Of course Jordan made out like a bandit with several shirts, a hat, and an awesome bowling set. Since their construction is almost done, we were able to play in the new kitchen/dining area. Jordan loved running around, checking out the new cupboards, and yelling into the empty room (the echo was awesome). We set up the bowling set, and Jordan had a great time. Check out the pics below to see our fun day together!




1 comments:
He is so, so, so cute!!!
Carson needs his hair trimmed.. maybe I'll try taking him there. It's going to take a lot to not have him freak out. lol
Sounds like a fun day!
Post a Comment