The Family is all Home....for a minute!
Duane is home from China, albeit for a very short time, and Jordan and I are back from Michigan. Wow it has been a really crazy month!
Michigan was awesome. It was really green and pretty, and the weather was great. We must have been there at a perfect time of year, because it wasn't even that hot. We got to hang out with Chris and Kara, and Chris even cooked dinner for us! While we were in Lansing we stayed at the Residence Inn that is just a couple of streets away from their apartment, so we were very close. We all took a weekend trip together to Frankenmuth and Mackinaw, which was so much fun! I loved going to Bronners, and seeing what a cute town Frankenmuth is. Mackinaw was beautiful, and looked like something out of a movie. There are no motorized vehicles on the island, just horse drawn carriages. It was really neat! I learned a lot of Michigan history, and also learned about Pasties (pronounced Pass-tees) which are kind of like meat pies. Here is a slideshow from the trip.
Thanks to Chris and Kara for everything. It was so good to spend time with both of you. I can't wait to see you when you come home in December. I hope the move to the new apartment went well, and you are settling in ok.
Stay tuned for more updates. We are trying to fit in a lot of activities while Duane is home. We took Jordan to the zoo yesterday and those pics will be here soon, along with pics from China.




1 comments:
It was so great to have you guys here! I'm glad you came! Love the photos - I'm going to have to get a CD of them from you!
Post a Comment